Intermediate Product Designer, New Product Development
External Title: Intermediate Product Designer, New Product Development
Internal Title: Sr. Analyst Product Management & Development
Location: Remote US, Remote Canada
Reports to: Managing Director, New Product Development & Design
J.D. Power’s New Product Development organization is looking for an Intermediate Product Designer to research and design customer facing digital interfaces, applications and tools that help distill complex data & analytics workflows to create intuitive and insightful experiences that help solve “mission critical” problems for in the automotive ecosystem.
Our operating model is inherently cross functional. The Intermediate Product Designer will report to the Head of New Product Development & Design and work with an interdisciplinary Agile team of Designers, Product Managers, Developers, Data Scientists and J.D. Power auto-industry Experts to conceptualize, design and prototype data oriented digital products in a continuous cycle of build-measure-learn-optimize.
Sitting at the intersection of User Experience Design and Visual Design with front end expertise, a strong ability and usability testing acumen; the successful Intermediate Product Designer will shepherd design from concept development (research, ideation, sketching) to commercialization (in market - high fidelity customer validated design). The Intermediate Product Designer will effectively communicate strategic concepts with reference to rough sketches and high-fidelity prototypes to internal business stakeholders, clients, and customers alike.
They will also be expected to provide informed estimates, track changes and work - and be responsible for design excellence in the implemented product through exhaustive design QA.
Looking for independent and self-starting types who also collaborate effectively, and that thrive on solving complex UX challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Opportunity to lead design for NPD initiatives (the design "face" of the project) and join a burgeoning team at the center of J.D. Power's digital transformation
- Add scale to the design team as we tackle numerous high value strategic imperatives
- Additionally, this person will be designing enduring B2B products that will be used by the world's most important automotive manufacturers
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools – including Adobe XD, Adobe CC Suite, InVision, etc.
- Strong background and experience in user-centric design - with an ability to use research to uncover explicit and implicit user needs and translate into delightful, utility-oriented experiences
- Appetite and proficiency to design complex data visualizations and interfaces alike
- As comfortable in Agile team/squad level interactions as with client facing meetings or ceremonies
- Independent and autonomous, with strong communication skills
- Desire and willingness to partner with cross functional team members and willingness to negotiate with their team about priority/value, even if it means design compromises
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficiency working with Lean, Design Thinking, and Agile delivery practices
- Have a strong skill base in User Testing, Journey Mapping and User Profiles generations
The Career Opportunity:
Organic revenue growth via NPD is a critical strategic priority for the organization. As such, the successful candidate will have great internal and external exposure and the ability to work on high profile product initiatives that touch varied B2B and B2C audiences alike
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.