This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to take your payroll career to the next level? StarTech.com is looking for an experienced individual to join our Total Rewards Team.
This role will also allow for the unique opportunity of exposure to global payroll processing to broaden your skillset.
What will you be doing?
- Working with our Global Payroll & Benefits Specialists you will assist in all steps of the bi-weekly payroll processing for Canada (salary & hourly) including collection of payroll data for input into the system, upload and review of payroll, adjustments and posting/closing of payroll
- You will be the main point of contact for all data entry into HR systems including new hires, terminations & job changes
- You will assist our Global Payroll & Benefit Specialists with international employee vacation reporting and prepare fund transfer for global payroll submissions monthly
- Assist with various projects on the Total Rewards Team as required
What can you bring to the table?
- Post secondary education in finance, business or Human Resources preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience processing Canadian payroll
- Experience with HR Systems (UKG Pro, formerly UltiPro, is an asset)
- Benefit experience an asset
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines
- Proven experience providing customer service with a high level of confidentiality
- US and additional global payroll experience an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 26 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2022 and for the 12th consecutive year. In 2022, StarTech.com was proud to be included in Financial Post's FP500, a ranking of Canada's largest corporations based on revenue. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.