Junior product designer
Race Roster is an online event registration platform geared towards endurance events. We’re looking for a product design intern to help us continue building Race Roster to be the top registration platform in the endurance industry. You’ll be joining the most collaborative team you’ve ever experienced, which will hopefully lead you to the best work of your life. Product designers at Race Roster are customer-focused, creative and constantly trying new things, showing them off when they work well, and discarding them when they don’t. You’ll work in the entire production environment. You can easily go between systematic thinking and microscopic design detail. You love working closely with customers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Working with our team to design new features across a variety of products and applications
- Working with other designers to grow our design system
- Creating consistent, modular, and usable interfaces and experiences
- Updating legacy designs to our new modern standards
- Working with the marketing and sales team to create eye-catching design deliverables
- Creating and building emails, presentations, illustrations, etc.
- 0-3 years of experience in a product designer or related role
- Ability to work in a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to prioritize incoming tasks
- Ability to work within a design system to create standardized user interfaces
- Ability to design a strong user experience (user research, testing, prototyping)
- Enough knowledge of HTML and CSS to implement straightforward designs
- Strong visual design skills to create illustrations, photo manipulations, print layouts and digital designs
- Solid handle on typography and colour theory
- Ability to use common graphic design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent.
- Motion design
- Photography skills
- Video skills
- Experience working in a front-end framework like bootstrap
- Experience working with Sketch and Invision
- Experience designing with AODA accessibility standards in mind
What you need
Cover letter, resume, and a portfolio that exhibits your product design skills. Some examples include:
- Portfolio website
- Link to your dribbble, behance, etc.
- Case studies
- Links to your public repositories (GitHub, Gist)
- URLs to websites/projects that you have designed
Dependant on experience and performance level
Trustworthy, Empathetic, Personable, Energetic
Send all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.