Join our Winning Team as a Systems Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
CARFAX is looking for a skilled Systems Engineer to join our Enterprise Systems Engineering team. This team is responsible for administering thousands of servers and systems across the CARFAX enterprise, as well as delivering new server and system capabilities to meet business goals. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of large-scale server administration with emphasis on cloud environment support, automated server provisioning and configuration. This individual will work as part of a team to support the strategic goals of the company.
The role of the System Engineer will include working with multiple teams to deliver cloud-hosted solutions for externally-facing websites. Play a vital role in standardization of the enterprise cloud platform. Collaborate with development teams to gathering specifications and requirements and performing systems analysis. Provide primary server administration for company servers by proactively keeping up to date with all bug fixes, security patches, OS upgrades, and technical troubleshooting. Participate in project estimation and planning including systems integration and implementation.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Design, install, and administer on-prem systems and servers
- Configure hardware, peripherals, services, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Architect, build, and administer enterprise cloud systems infrastructure to meet business requirements for reliability and business recovery
- Integrate new solutions with existing cloud resources and/or on-premise infrastructure.
- Provide best practices, standards, training, and general support for both on-prem and cloud environments
- Experience using common infrastructure as code tool-sets (AWS CloudFormation, TerraForm, Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Demonstrate an understanding, and/or on-the-job experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, or Ansible), and Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Familiarity with Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Proven experience with Amazon Web Services platform
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Linux
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and troubleshoot various systems and technologies
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.