This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Student, Software Developer
Student, Software Developer
We are looking for someone to join our software development team who can contribute to the development of high quality software solutions for the family of Light Armoured Vehicles and who is willing to learn new skills. At Land Systems-Canada, we develop software for both embedded controls and desktop applications. We are looking for an intern who is interested in either embedded or desktop development and is flexible and willing to support either area. This position is offered as a 4 - 12 month opportunity.
You will support the team as required in some or all of the following stages of software development:
- Requirements definition
- Software development (desktop applications, applications for state machines, etc.)
- Software testing
- Issues tracking and resolution
Preferred qualifications or experience:
- Development on a variety of platforms including Window CE/Embedded and Linux
- C or C++ (x86/64, ARM, Motorola, Freescale)
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) design and/or model driven development
- Experience with serial protocols for communication and logging
- Testing and debugging skills
- Knowledge of vehicle communication network protocols (SAE J1939, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Ability to participate in concept, UI, and feature development
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Requirements for confined space
- Control theory / Mechatronics
- Experience in Linux
- Real-time systems
- Vehicle systems
- Safety Critical Systems – (i.e. ISO 26262/MISRA)
- Cyber Security – (i.e. SAE J3061, NIST)
- Agile, V-Model, Atlassian Suite
- Development experience with Qt, Xamarin Forms, Windows Forms
Before applying to this role, review your school's cop-op/internship opportunities on their job board. If this position is posted, please apply through your school. Indicate your availability for this role (between 4 - 12 months). Please submit your application by February 17, 2023 at 5:00pm.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.