Senior Front End Developer
Type: Full-time; Salary
Location: London, ON. or Remote
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $90,000 to $100,000
Reports to: Kylie McConnell, VP Web
Do Better. Work Better. Be Better.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implement wireframe prototypes into functional websites or website components.
- Integrate digital work products into a standards-compliant WordPress theme or plugin as required.
- Adherence to WCAG 2.0 guidelines when authoring and managing digital work products.
- Guide and advise on the early prototyping of new software solutions that solve business problems and improve tbk or our clients’ businesses.
- Provide sound architectural guidance internally on the technology stack and software implementations required to deliver on internal and client projects.
- Implementation of enterprise-class custom web-based software solutions for clients via modern web-based technologies and the delivery of best-in-class progressive web applications.
- Quality assurance testing of the integrated artwork in a WordPress theme or plugin as required.
- Write effective tests to support unit testing goals.
- Collaborate with designers and account representatives to complete tasks related to our client’s marketing and technology needs.
- Provide mentorship to development team members in a way that supports their learning goals, improves them as professionals, and strengthens the quality of the solutions created.
- Provide guidance to creative and technical teams on best practices and technologies to leverage in order to effectively solve business problems.
- Exceed targets set for the development of software modules.
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other colleagues (company-wide where applicable).
- Provide project status updates to the Scrum Master, applicable accounts team members, and leadership.
- Identify project risks and provide solutions to mitigate or avoid such risks.
- Attend and contribute to the daily Scrum Stand-up; listen and support the entire development team.
- Improve any and all areas of the development process within the development team.
- Support in managing network and server infrastructure for client websites and digital products as required.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with modern, browser-based frameworks and their concepts. These include but aren’t limited to: ReactJs, Angular, Vue.js.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience designing and implementing WordPress themes and plugins.
- University degree or college diploma in engineering, programming, software development, software design, or web design.
- Strong understanding of web design patterns and theories, general web functions, and industry standards.
- Prior experience within a quality assurance (QA) role or QA process within a project. Knowledge of unit testing, continuous integration, and industry standards for coding styles.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web-based applications and the protection of sensitive information.
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Pursue Your Dream Career at tbk