ZTR Control Systems is looking for an Automation Tester within the Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Division. ZTR is the recognized leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring with over 15 years of experience and hundreds of thousands of assets monitored worldwide.
ZTR promotes a healthy balance between work, play and family. ZTR’s Social & Community Giving Committees provide employees with opportunities to participate in summer BBQs, company family picnic, and various social events for employees and family members as well as paid time off to volunteer at local charities! Become a member of the ZTR family!
As an Automation tester, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality of our products through the development and execution of software test plans.
- Interpret business requirements in order to develop test plans and cases, both manual and automated
- Executes both manual and automation test cases as part of project releases
- Drive automated testing frameworks and tools to improve efficiency of testing
- Documentation of bugs and errors to share with the development teams.
- Involvement in troubleshooting and resolving bugs and errors with the development teams.
- Document and measure test execution in order to determine release readiness
- Participate in developing quality assurance standards and KPIs
- Recommend / implement automation testing tools, processes and environments
- Work with leaders in other disciplines (development, integration, project management, etc.) to ensure quality throughout the end-to-end delivery process
- Build and take ownership of automation test frameworks
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working in a software development environment in a quality focused role
- Test Automation Script creation experience
- Experience with automation testing software (ex: Selenium)
- Python as a programming language for automation
- Experience with GIT
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field, or equivalent training, or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated to succeed while working in a team-oriented environment
- Development experience is an asset but not required
If you are customer focused, passionate about technology and seeking to work in a stimulating and family orientated environment, then ZTR is the place for you.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.