ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Level Designer to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing spectacular character-based levels and ultra-fun gameplay mechanics. You will need to be able to demonstrate your solid knowledge of game editors and have previous experience working on AAA titles. Knowledge of Lua or other scripting languages would be an asset.
- Follow the level design pipeline from “pen & paper” designs to implement spectacular character based levels and ultra-fun gameplay mechanics
- Work and iterate on all facets of Level Design including (but not limited to) live documentation, CSG blockouts, terrain sculpting, prop placement, NPC navigation, and gameplay scripting
- Work closely with layout artists to ensure the artistic vision for levels is upheld alongside the gameplay and player flow, while maintaining excellent game performance
- Collaborate with the Technical Design team to define and refine gameplay mechanics
- Follow the direction of the Lead Level Designer and game directors to maintain gameplay vision consistency
- Master internal editor tools for building environments and integrating gameplay
- Contribute to the general game design, as well as cooperate with all other aspects of game production (programming, environment art, sound, effects, lighting, animation, etc)
- Creatively resolve gameplay and production issues to meet production schedules and internal deadlines
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details
- Solid knowledge of game editors
- Previous experience working on AAA titles
- Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in our fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for learning new software tools
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Willing to relocate to Canada
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please submit your application directly through our website: