Our data aspiration is to unlock the power of connected data to deliver continuous value for our customers, our partners, and our company with trust and integrity. The position is central to our ability to do so. The Senior Data Analyst role is responsible for Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning application support executing in the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML) Environment.
This role is to perform a combination of operations support and project work/enhancements associated with enabling Advanced Analytics. These activities will involve working with business teams, Data Scientists and Azure middleware teams.
- Work with business/application teams and data scientist to define and enhance data used for the execution of Advanced Analytics, production usage of the analytics models and supporting measurement metrics
- Support data science teams in data extraction and preparation from multiple sources including files, data base tables, Data Lake (Hadoop), modelling the data for use for Advanced Analytics and business dashboards
- Logical and physical data modeling of data to align with Business Intelligence/Advanced Analytics initiatives and includes definition of meta data, and the management of the data models using modeling tools (such as Erwin, Collabra)
- Define and build data structures in supporting Advanced Analytics applications based on need/usage; relational (database) / non-relational (Hadoop) and dimensional structures
- Ongoing refresh and enhancements of Advanced Analytics models, associated needs (include requirements/impact analysis, development to for problems/small enhancements, testing/validation and deployment
- Manage issues with production incidents, problem items and service request for provisioning/security and change for operational enhancements
- Work with an Azure middleware team to support the creation of Azure workspaces for Advanced Analytics
- Support the business community and data scientists that utilize the Azure Machine Learning (ML) Environment
- Support data science teams in the set-up/transition and ongoing support of Azure Machine Learning “applications”
- Establish and support ongoing development, deployment and production processes associated with analytics model consumption in production in Azure landscape
- Define and manage application security setup using Active Directory/Azure security, including access audit and access clean-up
- Construct and manage application monitoring and coordinating any corrective actions required for Advanced Analytics applications in production
- Author and curate Advanced Analytics application documentation
- Build insights: complete data analysis and discovery to better understand the data and the story it is telling to drive actionable results
- Influence Data Quality: complete data profiling of critical data elements, providing trending and insights that driven action to improve data quality across our customer base.
- Loves teamwork and collaboration, collaborates daily with the core Analytics squad and business
- Open to learning and sharing with others across the company, including senior leadership and community of practice participation
- Recommend improvements to data engineering and governance practices across our company
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years of applied data management experience (Data & Analytics education an asset)
- Expertise in SQL, Data Visualization Tools and working knowledge of R, Python, Zeppelin, PowerBI is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and strong organization skills
- Agile, practical, customer service-oriented mindset (doesn’t over complicate processes)
- Generally curious and excited to learn new things
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted