About the Role
DivergentSoft builds native mobile apps. We designed and built the mobile app for Western University, we built the Ontario Medical Association's mobile app, and we often consult on mobile app architecture, design decisions, and integrations with other platforms.
You will be responsible for shipping well designed features that benefit our customers and improving our existing apps. You should have a thorough understanding of the iOS development ecosystem and experience working on production apps in the App Store today. Our iOS apps are built in Swift. We primarily use UIKit, and where possible SwiftUI.
What You'll Do
- Manage feature rollouts from start to finish
- Collaborate with existing team members
- Provide input on API design decisions
- Use and improve upon your iOS development skills by keeping up to date on framework updates and best practices
- Updating and maintaining existing applications
We’re looking for someone who has a grasp of how mobile applications function, not just on the device, but across the stack, from backend to the user’s device. Nobody understands everything, but we’re looking for someone who has the ability and initiative to solve problems while working in a team. Our ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of mobile app development experience
- 3+ years of experience in iOS
- An understanding of different iOS app architectures (MVVM, MVC)
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with UIKit
- Experience working collaboratively with other developers (Git, Bitbucket)
This position is in person, or remote depending upon the successful candidates skillset and location. We are based in Canada, we prefer candidates whose work schedule can overlap with the team.
Learn more and Apply