ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Technical Designer to join our team. You will be responsible for writing and maintaining clean, professional and maintainable Lua scripts to provide designers with the specific functionality that the levels require. You will be collaborating with designers, artists and animators to implement features such as controlling objects, lights and camera systems, in-game events and user interface. You will also be required to provide innovative solutions to address design challenges by creating important or challenging scripts. You will need to have experience in game design, a strong proficiency in Lua or similar scripting languages and basic knowledge of C++ as well as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Write and maintain clean, professional, and maintainable LUA scripts to provide designers with the specific functionality that the levels require
- Cooperating with designers, artists and animators to implement features such as controlling objects, lights and camera systems, in-game events and user interface
- Collaborate with the design team to provide innovative solutions to design challenges by creating important or challenging scripts
- Support prototypes of new functionalities
- Implement one-off scripts for special levels
- Provides an indispensable link between design and code
- Help set up a scripting workflow and keep a clean scripting interface
- Train the designers as needed on new feature
- Help isolate or reproduce difficult scripting bugs
- Be willing and available for firefighting
- Assist content creators as necessary
- Contribute to a positive work environment by getting involved with all departments of the team, understanding their roles and interacting with the team on a regular basis to help gain a rounded perspective of the project
- Strong proficiency in Lua or similar scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Good communication & problem solving skills
- 2+ years of experience in game design
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning OR completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Employee recognition program to celebrate personal success through an online platform
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.