PSD is looking for a passionate graphic designer with exceptional creative skills to help with design strategy and implementation across multiple mediums for our large tech firm. This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide array of creative digital and print projects, from collaboration on initial concept development through to final execution. If you are innovative and thrive on new challenges this role could be for you!
PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management, GIS and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to join the Marketing Team at our head office in London, ON.
- Designing materials, including coming up with fresh creative concepts for both Marketing and Social Media purposes
- Working collaboratively with various departments to design creative concepts to deliver on overall business objectives
- Designing the layout of all marketing and promotional materials including: Campaigns, Social Media Posts, Infographics, Digital Marketing Materials, Print Marketing Materials, E-mails, PowerPoints, etc.
- Designing trade show materials for conferences and promotional events
- Enhancing the design of current internal documents and client facing documentation
- Assisting in updating the UX/UI of the website (homepage, visuals, product images & specs)
- Ensuring adherence with brand guidelines, quality control and the consistency of creative work
- Revising deliverables to meet specifications and amending designs after feedback
- Managing and communicating workflow; owning design execution and timelines
- Providing creative advice and participating in stakeholder discussions regarding the aesthetic/brand direction
- Developing processes, timelines, and workflows to ensure the effective delivery of multiple ongoing design projects
- Tracking and reporting on the volume of design work and opportunities for design/process improvements
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, AfterEffects)
- Experience creating original artwork and graphics optimized for digital or print media
- Knowledge of AODA WCAG 2.0 standards
- Expertise using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint))
- Knowledge of UX and/or UI design experience working with digital products
- Fundamental HTML and CSS knowledge to communicate with developers and support the implementation of your designs.
- Proficient in designing for Email Marketing platforms (MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience with video and multimedia production/editing is an asset
- Well versed in page layout, typography, and design theory
- A strong design portfolio that will showcase your ability to design for print, web, email, and social
- Strong attention to detail (copy, grammar, layout composition, images, colour, etc.)
- Self-starter, solid organizational skills, a positive attitude, and highly driven to grow
- Reliable and accountable; able to manage jobs with strict timelines
- Diploma or degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with software products an asset
All resumes will be reviewed for professional work experience and aligned skills. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job, the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
In person/Virtual Interview
Candidates invited to an in-person/Virtual interview will meet with our Hiring Manager and a member of the HR team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and the growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that you will work through a training and development document with your supervisor for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our processes.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.