SR. IT SUPPORT ANALYST
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Application Support covers business segment CIO technology areas or shared services technology functions. These experts interact closely with those within the Infrastructure Technology Solutions space. With a heightened focus on developing, implementing standard support models and processes using industry best practices, this role is responsible for production support, troubleshooting incident and problem management, service transition, IT change management and deployment and release management.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
PBI Operations Resiliency is a unique team that is exposed to both the newest technologies like APIs, Java application development, Azure, Agile and DevOps processes; as well as legacy, but still valuable, COBOL / host programming. With a central book of record vendor application, team members have a wide exposure of back end processes, data movement and transformation, and integrations into other significant systems within and outside of the bank. Team members are actively engaged on the team to developing tools to automate processes, application remediation to harden and secure existing applications, developing hands on knowledge from a strong agile team. Team members also participate in day-to-day operations in developing trouble-shooting and critical thinking skills.
- Service applications / systems and provide a level of application/ systems/ operational availability that meets or exceeds established standards/service levels, while minimizing operational risk
- Partner with key stakeholders to schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner; reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams
- Continuously strive to improve the stability of production environment by partnering closely with key stakeholders on setting up, maintaining and monitoring applications/systems, ensuring availability targets are met
- Provide effective day-to-day support for applications/systems through accurate problem identification and timely resolution of production issues; perform controlled and timely resolution of incidents while prioritizing and monitoring client satisfaction
- Effectively handle incident management for outages; effectively communicate to clients during service outages and ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution; communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, hardware, software and/or operations), researching system issues / opportunities, overseeing the execution of recommendations and maintaining accurate documentation
- Interact with clients to provide quality service/solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements
- Support the design, review, and integration of all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations
- Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity
- Consult with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to own area
- Participate in projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment
- Deploy base infrastructure components such as servers, operating systems and middleware for all environments
- Involved in the deployment of applications, either off the shelf or in-house developed, and in the procurement of supported assets
- Maintain base infrastructure components current and defect free and liaise with 3rd party vendor to report problems and receive fixes
- Provide technical support, including on-call support, for a suite of designated hardware, software or applications to ensure service levels are maintained
- Schedule changes to supported components in accordance with the approved change management procedures; implement changes with proper testing, stakeholder signoff, monitoring and with minimal impact to the business
- Respond to requests for information and assist project teams in evaluating alternate approaches
- Develop a working relationship with 3rd party vendors as required to fulfill support requirements
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Undergraduate degree, diploma, or technical certificate
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Knowledge in some or all at varying levels:
- Standalone applications
- APIs – JSON, Rest Easy
- Java application testing
- COBOL / mainframe
- File transfer and scheduling
- Virtual environments
- Red Hat Linux (RHEL)
- Windows Server
- Azure architecture
- Cloud architecture
- SQL Server
- GIT / Bitbucket
- Jira / Confluence
- Agile methodology
- Monitor system lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required
- Monitor the performance of the environment by using meaningful metrics
- Provide Disaster Recovery support by assisting in defining / reviewing disaster recovery plans and by participating in testing
- Assess and analyze optimization opportunities to the operational environment to improve performance and/or resource utilization
- Ensure effective change management discipline is used
- Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required
- Follow standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and applicable Business Recovery Plans (BRP)
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs
- Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines
- Make effective use of the cost management processes in place
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
- Keep current with industry and/or business trends
- Perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
- Understand and maintain defensive coding best practices (KPIs)
EMPLOYEE / TEAM:
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in resolving critical service issues
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Knowledge of agile processes with a focus on Kanban
BREADTH & DEPTH:
- Works independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks and may be relied upon to coach/ educate others.
- Subject matter expert and consults with clients, team, and/or project team to provide technical guidance and highly complex troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Leads the support of highly complex and/or comprehensive applications/systems. Identifies root causes and implements targeted and controlled remediation plans.
- Support the installation, configuration, upgrade of business applications/systems in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews, participates, and implements procedures. Researches industry standards, best practices and new innovations in technology and makes recommendations.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.