ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Marketing Director to join our team. In this role, you will be setting the long-term vision and strategy for our brand, social, and live-service marketing as well as leading our global marketing teams. We are looking for a proven leader in the AAA games or Live-Service games space with an eye for innovation and a passion for growing and mentoring teams. Bonus if you love games, pop culture, and Warframe!
- Lead brand, social, and live-service marketing strategy for Warframe and our future titles
- Manage and grow our product marketing, communications & influencer, public relations, and social media teams
- Set and own annual marketing budgets in partnership with the user acquisition team
- Craft a long-term marketing vision based on innovation and continuous improvement
- Work closely with our development teams to ensure brand alignment, integrate live-service marketing strategies in-game, and develop in-game promotions & new skus
- Work with our community, development, PR, communications and user acquisition teams to develop strong key messaging and positioning for each of our campaigns
- Partner with our User Acquisition and Web teams to build cutting-edge marketing tech that achieves our acquisition and retention goals
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics, holding accountability for marketing ROI and long-term brand growth goals
- Ensure marketing collateral meets our brand and quality goals
- Foster close relationships with our partners (Microsoft, Sony, Valve, Nintendo, Twitch…)
- Identify new opportunities for our social media teams, staying abreast of social sentiment and engagement trends
- Provide product and competitor expertise to our marketing, community, and development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or Business. MBA is a bonus!
- 8+ years of marketing experience in a managerial role with direct reports. Experience running brand, social, digital, PR, and influencer campaigns, guiding production and project management for large teams, and setting social media strategy are a must.
- Experience running live service marketing for a Games as a Service
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience building relationships and gaining influence with diverse development teams including producers, engineers, designers, and artists
- Proven experience managing sizable budgets for marketing campaigns
- Ability to leverage data to make decisions, reinforcing core marketing instincts
- Strong working knowledge of the gaming landscape
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.