This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Sr. Software Developer
Reporting to the Manager, Software Development, this position is responsible for shaping the direction of Development at Buckland. Activities consist of software development, application planning, mentoring, problem solving and collaboration within IT. Attentive and aware of business needs and work to understand the end goals to guide the development group to produce business accelerating solutions.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Working closely with the Business Analysis Team and LOB partners to understand, examine, recommend, and implement changes on pre-existing and new solutions.
- Provide direction and guidance to all development team members regarding best coding practices, problem solving, and time management.
- Work with the software architect to build, improve and develop architectural designs.
- Assist the Development Team with implementing new technologies/replacing old technologies where applicable as well with documenting existing and new solutions.
- Prioritizing work in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment to meet tight timelines and business needs to ensure all service level agreements are met
- Identifying process, procedure, and information gaps, and participating in brainstorming for solutions.
- Review, approve and monitor project charters and plans to ensure development target dates are being met and align with company goals
The ideal candidate will bring:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and/or industry experience
- 7+ years as a software development professional
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail
- Active agent for change and ongoing improvement for all software solutions throughout the
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience designing/developing complex applications utilizing Visual Studio .NET 2022 (C#, ASP.NET, Azure App Services)
- Experience developing Web Services and Server Components with C#, creating, and utilizing custom in house NuGet packages
- Experience developing and executing Unit tests throughout the development process an asset
- Experience utilizing TFS/Azure Dev Ops for Source Control or a continuous integration server an asset
- Ability to work within a team environment to collaboratively develop new features and solutions
- Experience with any of the following an asset: TFS/Azure Dev Ops Source Control, SQL Reporting Server, Windows 10, SQL Performance Testing and Benchmarking, .NET Performance Testing and Benchmarking, PDF Creation, Windows Service Development, Azure Cloud Services.
- Strong Analytical abilities to evaluate existing or new features and provide detailed technical feedback that a non-technical user can understand.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately.
- Ability to travel between Canada and the USA to other offices
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department