ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Back-End/Cloud Developer to join our team with experience in game development for our external project endeavors; this is a specialized role, and we're trying to find just the right person to fill it. This posting is for a new internal team working with cutting edge technologies, in an exciting novel area of development for the company.
• Assist in back-end technology choices.
• Cost-efficient back-end coding practices.
• Write robust, maintainable and secure code.
• Game client/server communication with back-end code.
• Web-app front-end communication with back-end code.
• Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
• Correspond with parties involved in features and feature requests.
• Requisite language expertise: Node.js / Typescript, C++/C, Go (basic familiarity)
• Databases: MongoDB [or similar NoSQL], SQL
• UE4 [or similar engine] experience
• Linux experience
• AWS [or similar provider] experience
• Perforce, Git
• B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
• Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
• MS/Sony/Nintendo console back-end integration
• Unit testing/Test-driven-development
• Steam/EpicGameStore integration
• Payment system integration
• Angular/React framework
• O-Auth/SSO integration
• Cloud security
• M.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
• AWS Certifications
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.