Senior Platform Implementation Engineer
We are a retail systems integrator and software provider that helps you design, implement, integrate and maintain any major retail software platform - legacy or cutting edge.
Clients engage us when They want to dramatically improve their client experience without having the endure the cost and risk of replacing a core retail IT system. They need to achieve business outcomes leveraging ancient legacy systems AND cutting-edge technologies.
Our depth, experience and FOCUS on the retail industry make us unique and different in this space. We have completed over 1,000 technology projects in North American retail and bring that experience and expertise to each new one.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, de-conflict, and manage implementation activities for projects
- Assist in Operations to Service handoff documents to support (Work more closely with QA and become a TA)
- Handle customer User Acceptance, Outage Notification, and Change Control procedures and documentation
- Process design conversations, keeping with best practices
- Analyze system and compile system changes for performance tuning and adjustments needed by software or customer needs
- Participates in the examination of the feasibility of projects during the project preparation phase for technical content and gaps
- Coordinates the entrusted priority investment projects during the project implementation phase
- Improve software to meet customer’s business needs and follow best practices
- Manages and coordinates the work of subordinates during the project implementation phase, develops effective cooperation with businesses and functional organizations
- Inspect changes before the customer performs user acceptance testing
- Record and manage customer-specific implementation needs and requests
- Coordinate with customers to resolve issues
- Solid understanding of IT security best practice
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Communication skills - both written and presentation skills
- Be accountable and with a strong sense of ownership
- Review system issues and act on them
- Client-facing problem solver with a strong technical background
- Manage Configure changes and upgrade software systems
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrate the ability to act independently while working with remote hands
- Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with Team members
- Proficiency in Linux, SQL, Jira, Git/BitBucket, AWS, OCI, and other cloud platforms
- Commercial Deployment Automation Tools
- Technical documentation
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and updating new and existing applications for customers
- Knowledge in build systems support Jenkins/Bamboo/Maven
- Monitor and troubleshoot critical customer infrastructure
- Handle customer request priorities
Our employee benefits package will take effect after a 90 day probation period, including medical, dental, vision, 401k or RRSP matching.