We are a retail systems integrator and software provider that helps you design, implement, integrate and maintain any major retail software platform - legacy or cutting edge.
At RedIron we come to work every day to forge technology innovation for the biggest and best-known retailers in North America. It's our mission to create software products that make the retail store experience modern, effective, and enjoyable for customers and retailers alike. Set your sites high! Join RedIron for a great engineering challenge, an opportunity to show off your talent and to gain strategic engineering experience.
Clients engage us when They want to dramatically improve their client experience without having the endure the cost and risk of replacing a core retail IT system. They need to achieve business outcomes leveraging ancient legacy systems AND cutting-edge technologies.
Our depth, experience and FOCUS on the retail industry make us unique and different in this space. We have completed over 1,000 technology projects in North American retail and bring that experience and expertise to each new one.
Software developers work with existing team members to deliver critical projects and modules, many of which requires expertise in a very particular technical domain. They will divide their time between working on core product enhancements and customer specific implementations. RedIron Technologies products are based on the Microsoft Platform, focused primarily on the .NET framework and C#. We also use Java and Linux for select projects. Our engineering team uses Agile methodologies to manage and deliver our solutions.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development
- One or more of .net core, java, c++
- Multi-Threaded Programming
- Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Relational and nosql databases
- Problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
- Sense of ownership and commitment in accomplishing projects
- Ability to code with quality, consistency and optimized performance
- Ability to see the big picture in projects with business implications
- Produce system and technical requirement documentation
- Discipline in documentation and working with project collaboration tools
- Ability to multitask and set priorities under demanding timelines
- Work under minimal supervision and take ownership of delivery of assigned projects.
- Ensure the quality of the project delivery (Testing, security, documentation, coding standards etc.)
- Collaborate with QA, PM team and report to team lead, supervisor to ensure success of projects.
- Contribute to the requirement and design of the projects.
- Understand business requirement and implications on each project to support design decisions.
- Produce technical diagrams on system behavior, architecture designs, process flows etc.
- Insure compliance of the project with respect to development methodologies.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers for continuous improvement.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Testing frameworks
- Mobile software development
- Knowledge of Retail Point-Of-Sale systems and related concepts
Health benefits possible after 90 day probation period
Learn more and Apply