Senior Software Developer
Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package: Health & Dental Benefits, Group RRSP and Incentive Plan;
- Work/Life Balance with flexible work hours;
- Opportunity to Connect, Collaborate, and Grow;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Your input and contributions are recognized.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to work with our Development Team. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work closely with other talented members of our team to enhance an enterprise software system. This position will help design, develop and test components of a multi-tiered solution.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Design and develop new software applications or enhance current applications
- Fix customer issues
- Conduct testing and analysis
- Work with senior team members to design migration solutions, including development of specifications to ensure quality
- Create and maintain key documentation
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required by the organization
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive experience developing with:
- Java/J2EE/Spring MVC
- HTML5/CSS3, especially Bootstrap and Responsive Design techniques
- Tools: Node.js/NPM/Yarn/SCSS/AngularCLI
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience
- A demonstrated familiarity with current software industry trends and emergent technologies
- Strong OO analysis and design skills
- Proven diagnostic, analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
Nice To Have
- JUnit experience
- Agile experience
- Sound knowledge of enterprise design patterns
- Application Server experience, especially Wildfly
- Deployments targeting Windows/CentOS operating systems
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at Senior Software Developer
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.