Full-Stack Java Developer (Intermediate to Senior Level)
AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for over 30 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to over 250 operators (fixed- and rotary-wing) worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then reach out to us!
The Full-Stack Java Developer will be a proactive enthusiastic team member with a primary responsibility of developing solutions and enhancing usability, design and functionality of the programs and websites by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
The Developer will engage in a full stack development process which involves: coding, testing, debugging, and thorough use of your analytical skill set and range of experience to produce reliable, inter-connected, and feature-rich functionality. Also, as part of this team, the Developer will work closely with colleagues to facilitate the implementation and maintenance of business and software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released WinAir applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hands-on development of applications in support of the user experience surrounding our WinAir web products.
- Create well-designed and reusable code with strong problem-solving skills while following established corporate standards and requirements documentation.
- Actively participate and contribute to product design in team-driven design and scoping sessions.
- Perform code review and provide constructive feedback.
- Review requirements documentation and provide feedback.
- Identify and help facilitate the resolution of design issues.
- Continuous learning & development.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
Education & Training
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent job experience)
- 5+ years of commercial experience in web application development and/or software development
- Experience with partial to full remote operation in the tech field is a great asset.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Experience managing object-oriented programming/modular programming
- Experience and understanding of user experience issues, Internet design principles, and accessibility issues and standards
- Experience working in and problem solving in SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with Selenium is a nice to have
Environment and Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- No travel requirement.
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation package based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role. Benefits offered at WinAir include: extended healthcare, dental, EAP, RRSP matching, etc.
We are also proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, different social committee events, and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you via email to HR. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point of recruitment process, please let us know.