Position: Senior Developer
Location: London, ON (Office-based)
Reports to: Manager, Software Architecture
Department: IT (Software Development)
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Developer to join our talented and collaborative Development team in London.
Responsible for the translation/conversion of project requirements and statements of problems/procedures into detailed logical flow charts for coding; to write/adapt code to store, locate and retrieve documents, data and information; to perform initial and periodic tests for program reliability, validity and efficiency; and maintain historical records by documenting programming development and revisions. Perform regular maintenance on computer programs, website and software packages. Collaborate with functional areas to ensure programs meet project, organizational and regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Provide mentorship to other developers and review code to ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
You will collaborate closely with our development team and others within our broader IT department. In addition, you will regularly have a seat at the table with stakeholders spanning many departments in the business.
What the role will offer you:
- Oportunity to make a meaningful impact on the business and experience the gratitude and excitement around your efforts by stakeholders across the organization
- Chance to be a part of producing the next generation of our product suite using leading technologies
- 24/7 access to learning platforms including A Cloud Guru and Safari O’Reilly to add additional tools to your toolkit
- Opportunity to deliver highly visible and critical projects from end-to-end
- Chance to provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team
What you will bring to us:
Education and Experience
- You will possess a minimum of a diploma/degree (ideally with a focus in computer science or software engineering
- 8+ years of experience with end to end project delivery, requirements, design, implementation, and maintenance (preferably full-stack)
- Prior experience mentoring/coaching more junior developers and conducting code reviews
- You will possess a track record of strong technical decision making and process improvements
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with front-end libraries (React and/or Boostrap)
- Hands-on experience with MySQL databases (Schema design, querying, transactions, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux (Deployment, configuration, maintenance, etc.)
- Experience with Perl + Apache + CGI
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, Lambda, RDS etc.)
- Knowledge of AI and/or Machine Learning
Soft Skills and Abilities
- Strong/professional communication skills with the ability to tailor technical requirements to different audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills internally and externally
- Highly refined time management and organizational skills
*Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.