Sr Manager, Card Analytics & Business Intelligence
Reporting to the VP of Analytics, The Senior Manager of Card Analytics, will lead this high growth team who’s role will be to provide performance analytics and insights. Working closely with the product teams to help structure and measure new marketing and product tests in our Master Card Practice. You will help define processes and strategies across the enterprise and drive optimization and automation adoption. You will collaborate with and be responsive to business areas including Digital and Technology, New Product Development, Risk (scoring, modeling and loan origination) and Marketing. Your thought leadership will be a fundamental part of driving process improvement through adoption of automation tools and pushing self serve functionality across the organization.
As a Sr. Manager you will:
- Lead cross-functional projects to discover insights that will drive decisions and uncover optimization opportunities that drive business objectives.
- Lead in the following areas, data analysis, statistical models, reporting insights, automation, dashboards and performance measurement to assist in developing business strategies.
- Present insights to key stakeholders and business partners, recommending solutions and supporting key business decisions.
- Manage and optimize processes for data consumption and validation.
- Establish performance indicators and success metrics across initiatives, products, and services, overseeing the design and delivery of reports and insights.
- Examine, interpret and present results to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing, Risk and Finance to analyze the performance of acquisition channels and create actionable recommendations.
- Implement continuous improvement best practices across our data and analytical processes.
- Lead and oversee the design and delivery of enterprise analytic solutions for business customers.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst employees, and as a Sr Manager being responsible for ongoing coaching and development, setting objectives, assessing performance.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables produced by the team with a focus on the development of policies and processes for quality control and standards to ensure standards, business expectations, and regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Anticipate future vision of initiatives related to people, technology, and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs going forward.
- Accountable to lead a team of data scientists, analytical experts and data modelling professionals in developing powerful business insights using advanced analytics techniques leveraging vast datasets.
- 7 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data (preferably in a Financial industry) with at least 3 years of experience leading a team
- Master’s Degree in Business Management with focus on Mathematics/Statistics or related fields
- Experience managing and developing performance analysts
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing (AWS, quick sight, sage maker)
- Experience with working cross functional project teams and driving tasks to completion with a proven track record
- Experience With Alteryx, SAS and BI Platforms such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Strong understanding across the entire business ecosystem and related KPIs
- Experience optimizing multi-channel programs across the buyer’s journey
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, hands-on statistical modeling (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc.,), knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
- Strong project management skills, ability to successfully work with multiple stakeholders to achieve the project’s objectives
- Sound working knowledge of statistical analysis in Python or SAS. Expert skill level with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access
- Analytic thinker with keen business insights to support senior teams
- Skilled at condensing analysis into actionable insights to inform business decisions and influence / transform business performance;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), ability to effectively present technical, business, and project progress to multiple stakeholders.
- Able to communicate complex data analysis into a “story”
- Engage and partners with senior leadership to understand the needs of the business and ensure successful implementation of policy and strategy changes
- Ability to support senior management teams to accomplish company initiatives
- Ability to succeed in a large, highly-collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Proved to be a quick learner with strong problem solving/analytical skills enabling resolution of issues with ability to propose and support the implementation of alternative solutions and support in execution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of various marketing functions to determine ROI
- Effectively manages and develops the team; provides candid and honest feedback on an on-going basis.
- Effectively interacts with and presents recommendations to all levels of management including Senior Management team and Field Operations Management.
- Provide strategic recommendations based on observations of key business indicators and trends.
- Keep informed of industry and regulatory trends, and the consequent impact on business. Provide recommendations to stay abreast of industry changes.
- Proven ability to build successful teams, while possessing a collaborative, and humble leadership style
WE ARE PROUD TO BE: Montreal's Top Employers 2023 by Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
We are honored to be recognized for offering a best-in-class workplace, incentives, and initiatives to our dedicated employees who have helped build Fairstone into an employer of choice.
Learn more: https://www.fairstone.ca/en/about/canadian-lender
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairstone/mycompany/
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Time Type: Full time
Job Type: Permanent