At EventConnect, we’ve built a team of sports and technology enthusiasts who work each day to support our partners. Our product, EventConnectTM connects event organizers, hotels, and cities, offering a better way to manage communication, marketing, in-depth reporting, and everything in-between.
EventConnect's head office is located in downtown London, Ontario however we welcome all applicants from London and the surrounding areas. Our workspace is open, fun, and is filled with productive energy. We value teamwork, integrity, innovation, professionalism, and reliability. We believe these values promote cross-departmental collaboration to enhance our partners' and customers' experience and service.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Casual but energetic work environment made for today’s workers
- Performance-driven culture
- Growth opportunities
- IT equipment provided
- A culture of teamwork, celebrations of success, social gatherings and goal-oriented work
ABOUT THE ROLE
At EventConnect, our clients are the focus of our team each and every day. As an Account Manager, you are the first point of contact for our Event Owners. You will have the opportunity to leave a positive first impression of our organization which will lead to growth and lasting partnerships.
As an Account Manager you will work with an internal team to grow accounts and build strong partner relationships. Providing a high and consistent level of service and strategy that will allow for growth, sales, referrals and retention of your book of business. In doing so, you will strive to be a part of an industry leading account management team that is built around the fundamentals of teamwork. Account Managers are the catalyst to “uniting the event industry on a single platform that powers amazing experiences”.
- Develop strong partner relationships by staying in constant communication to ensure day-to-day and long-term needs are met
- Manage customer expectations while providing exceptional customer service
- Liaise with internal teams and executing operational tasks to ensure customer commitments are met
- Facilitate software training on internal platforms in order for partners to operate and expand their business using the EventConnect software
- Collaborate with clients and internal development team to maintain and grow EventConnect software
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing partner strategy documents, partner software set up and CRM management
- Identify account growth opportunities and strategic plans to maximize revenues
- Contribute to maintaining and building “best practices/ training material”
- University or College degree
- Proven track record with a strong focus on account management, presenting and meeting with partners, and ability to retain and grow partnerships.
- Over 2 years of account management experience in a sports, technology, marketing and/or hospitality industry
- Knowledge of the youth & amature sport industry including a focus on a specific sport
- Knowledge of the hotel industry, brand standards & hotel contracts is an asset
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills & strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Ability to multitask and be agile in a fast-paced environment
- Accepts and welcomes new challenges
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate with others
- CRM experience is preferred (Zendesk, Hubspot, Etc.)
- Comfortable working with in proprietary software
EventConnect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should an applicant be selected for an interview, please inform EventConnect of any required accommodations. If an applicant or successful candidate requests an accommodation, adjustments to support specific needs will be made.
We thank all candidates who apply, Only those selected for screening and an interview will be contacted.