Senior PHP Developer
Calling all coding maestros! We're seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our team. If you're ready to create awe-inspiring code, mentor junior developers, design robust architectures, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, then this role is for you. Take ownership of your projects, lead by example, and embrace continuous improvement. Join us on this exciting journey of innovation and growth.
Why join us?
Paystone is growing and evolving on a weekly and monthly basis. We’re getting hyper-focused on filling a market gap with our product, which is also growing. We’re a group of really passionate people who really like to push the status quo and do what’s right.
- Mentor and guide: Share your wisdom with junior team members, guiding them through coding challenges and teaching them best practices.
- Architect like a pro: Lead the design of robust, scalable, and elegant software architectures that will set the standard for new features.
- Collaborate like a champ: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and QA engineers, to build amazing things together.
- Stay up-to-date: Be the cool kid who knows what's hot and what's not, staying informed about the latest technologies, frameworks, and trends.
- Code reviews like a pro-critic: Provide constructive feedback during code reviews, helping your teammates level up while maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Lead by example: Demonstrate best practices, adhere to coding standards, and inspire others with your passion for clean, maintainable code.
- Take ownership: Be accountable for your work and the success of your projects. Your creations are like your babies, and you'll go the extra mile to ensure their strength and success.
- Continuous improvement: Embrace a growth mindset and challenge the status quo. Learn from failures, experiment with new technologies, and be the change you want to see.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of development experience
- Solid experience with Symfony (or similar PHP Framework) and Doctrine (or similar ORM)
- Proficiency in PHPUnit Testing framework
- Experience with AWS hosted environments is advantageous
- Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Development
- Detail-oriented with a passion for developing quality software
Perks & Benefits
- Compensation tied to market data (we user Mercer)
- We reward for contribution
- Everyone gets Equity
- Unlimited Vacation - yes, for real
- We’re committed to career development
- Work from home
- Company Events
By joining Paystone, you are joining a team that is future focused and driven by our mission of creating Customer Driven Growth.
By helping our clients create better experiences for their customers and then motivating their happy customers to share their experiences with others, our platform creates the momentum for our clients to gain more happy customers. In other words, we win when our customers do.
Paystone is a leading North American payment and software company redefining the way merchants engage their customers and grow their businesses. The company's seamlessly integrated suite of automated payment processing, customer loyalty, gift card solutions, and now reputation marketing, is used by brands such as Irving Oil, The Source, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn, and many of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands. Paystone's solutions are used at over 30,000 locations across Canada and the United States which collectively process over 10 billion dollars a year in bankcard volume. We employ over 180 employees and serve as the technology partner of choice for hundreds of partners across North America.
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.**