Software Quality Assurance Analyst - Retail
We are a retail systems integrator and software provider that helps you design, implement, integrate and maintain any major retail software platform - legacy or cutting edge.
Clients engage us when They want to dramatically improve their client experience without having the endure the cost and risk of replacing a core retail IT system. They need to achieve business outcomes leveraging ancient legacy systems AND cutting-edge technologies.
Our depth, experience and FOCUS on the retail industry make us unique and different in this space. We have completed over 1,000 technology projects in North American retail and bring that experience and expertise to each new one.
As the Software Quality Assurance Analyst it will be your primary responsibility to support our team by designing, writing, documenting, and executing test scripts for all stages of the product development lifecycle, following company-defined processes and methods. You will ensure that the applications are meeting the business requirements and systems goals, fulfilling the end-user requirements and identifying existing or potential bugs. You will report defects and track all outstanding issues until resolved (Jira). Once the requirements have been signed off you will be responsible for validating the requirements accuracy based on the design of the enhancement and review the use cases. You will reproduce the bugs reported by our customers and work closely with the development team to fix the issue.
The QA analyst will be working closely with the QA Lead to adhere to Red Iron’s standard quality process.
· At least 1 year of experience with Retail or Point of Sale applications as an end user or software provider
· Quick and self-learner; proactive and self-starter needing little or no supervision
· Eye for user experience - we will want you wearing the end user’s shoes
· Ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details throughout testing
· Ability to report negative things in a positive way
· Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, schedule and multi task while under pressure in an environment ever-changing processes and priorities
· Ability to work effectively with others on a common task; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; negotiating a win-win solution to achieve the objectives of the team
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Office
· Post-secondary diploma in technical field or at least 2 years of experience in QA/Testing role
· Desired skills
o Certification in QA/Testing field
o Experience with automated testing
o Knowledge of Agile methodology
Our employee benefits package will take effect after a 90 day probation period, including medical, dental, vision, and RSP Company Plan
This position is located in London Ontario, and the successful candidate will be required to attend the office to perform duties.